Saturday, December 26, 2009

12/24/09

Hello to all,

Ok so this week has been crazy for me. First we had Elder Amado from the quorum of the seventy come and speak to us. That was really cool and I learned so so much doctrinally and spiritually. Then on Tuesday we had a missionary Christmas party which was really really fun. I got to see and talk with Elder Marshall a lot so that was really great. Also this week I feel I have learned a lot about dealing people that really get on your nerves!!! Lol just kidding my companion is fine. I sat down with him the other day and just had a nice heart to heart conversation with him and we starting to work more and more so hopefully everything will work out there (thanks Bruce)

so now the sentence that mom is just absolutely dying to read...should I write it...I don’t know if your ready...should I really...ok mom...take a deep breath...are you ready...I don’t think you are ready...ok...here it is...I got my package. Lol yes I got it and I must say it was a little over the top...perfect! Lol thanks so much really! Next Christmas I don’t think you need to send quite so much though lol. Thank you all for your letters. As I was reading them I could really feel like I was in your life’s and could really feel your love. I opened it today because tomorrow is just a regular day except for my 40 minute phone call (!!!!!!!)

So Christmas here is...different. Lol I can hardly tell a difference. People here just celebrate different I guess but it doesn’t seem as big. I guess cause to me Christmas time is so much about family.

Anyways spiritual thought!

Christmas is a time of giving gifts, and as such I would like to talk about the greatest gift ever given. The Atonement of Jesus Christ. The Atonement of Jesus Christ includes his suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, his death on the cross, and his resurrection 3 days later. There is so much doctrine in the atonement that it is impossible for the human mind to fully comprehend it, but what we do know is that thanks to this incomprihendable sacrifice, we can once again live with our heavenly father and our families forever. "For as in Adam all men die, even so in Christ, all are made alive" (Corinthians 15¨12) thanks to Jesus Christ we all have the opportunity to inherit the Kingdom of God and with that all that the father has. This gift however is conditional. We can only obtain these things as we obey the principles and gospel that Christ taught. Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the end. “Wish with the innermost part of my heart, with great anxiety even unto pain, that you would hearken unto these words."

The Gospel is perfect and for everyone. also those that are knew or know nothing of the Gospel, there is something special about the gospel, if one puts in his part, truly wanting and desiring to know, and studies out the doctrine, light and knowledge will be brought into your mind. Also one more think more important than that, you got to pray. He knows, it’s just silly not to ask.

Anyways I love you all! Have a merry Christmas!

Elder Fischer

The Lord has commanded it and I must obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment