Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Week 7

Hey all!
This week has been pretty eventful. First off, the district ahead of us left Monday so we are now the top dogs. It was sad to see them go because some of them are like my most mejor amigos ever! ha ha I think they just might be able to convince me to come to BYU. Anyways, my ribs are fine now so no need to worry about that, you know how I am always getting hurt lol.

Ok I am so excited because we now have an LDS Spanish bible! It is soooooo much better. Also it has really got me excited about my new marking system! It is legit!

Ok so just two weeks left till I finally take off for Chile! I am really excited and nervous at the same time.

Another thing, mom and dad, could you guys send me a copy or a summery of grandpa and grandmas conversion stories? I know Granddaddy’s (and actually I have an interesting story I will tell you about in my other letter)

Spiritual thought: today I would like to talk about Grace. The true definition of Grace is The Divine Power of Christ’s Atonement. Through this great gift from God and from Christ, we can all be clean and comforted, for he truly did suffer for each and every one of us. As I have been really studying the New Testament my testimony and love for my Savior has greatly increased. I know some of you are going through some hard times right now and that is why I am telling you about Grace. In Romans 5:21 we read that sin reigns to death but Grace reigns through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ. While we are on this earth we are going to go through some pretty rough times. Our Heavenly Father is aware of this and He loves us and He will always comfort us. For as Romans 8:31 says: if God be for us, who can be against us? I love this scripture and it brings me great joy when I read it. We all go through great struggles in our lives but I feel sometimes we must realize more fully the depth and power of the atonement and all of the great agony and suffering that Christ went through. I fill guilty when I complain about just a little suffering. Then I think of the great Grace of Jesus Christ and I realize, it’s all going to be alright. I love you all and I love this work, till next time, Chow Elder Fischer

mediante la expiacion de jesucristo, y su gracia, pudimos salvo y feliz todo siempre

No comments:

Post a Comment