Tuesday, March 30, 2010

03-29-2010

Hola Fam,

Wow there were tornadoes in HP! Man I am missing out on all the cool stuff there lol. First gigantic snow storms, then tornados! Well we were both without power this day. I don’t know why but Chile just likes to have random blackouts ever since earthquakes. It is actually really fun I think. lol I hope everyone is ok.

So this week has actually been really crazy for me too lol. It all started Thursday. We went to the doctors because Elder Orellana was not feeling good and I ended up having the doctor check up on my toenails also because I have had two ingrown toenails for about 3 months now including one is ingrown on both sides. lol he looked at them and decided that I needed surgery. Typical me always something injured. So after the surgery he told me it wouldn’t be a bad idea to rest for a day of two...ha ha well...uh....not a chance. Even though I waddled like a duck to all of our appointments, we went anyways. Anyways I walk normal now so all is good. Then Friday one of the Old people in the ward passed away. This old man was always so happy it made me a little sad to see him go. Then Saturday we had to attend his funeral so that was kinda lame lol. I don’t like funerals, they should be a lot happier, this man is now with God I don’t see what’s so sad. Anyways then yesterday we stopped by one of our investigators houses and it turns out that her boyfriend who is living there is always drunk and causing problems and the family is thinking about kicking him out! So we spent lots of time comforting them. So yeah this week has been crazytastic lol.

Also I wanted to say something else. All have been asking me what it is like to be in Chile in this moment, this is my reply: It’s a blessing, a privilege, it is very humbling, we are learning how to trust in the Lord and helping others do the same. We are learning to reach out, to lift up, to teach and testify of the healing powers of the Grace of God. I love this country and there is no other place I would rather be in on this earth. Being in Chile in this moment is the best thing I have ever experienced in my life.

Oh yeah, Taylor, your going to Chile Concepcion or Provo dude.

Oh yeah, mom the PMG achievement, lol out of 170 missionaries in the mission only half passed the test. lol it maid me feel good but then I had to repent cause that is called pride.

I will have to think for a week what I want for my b-day.

Matt keep killin it dude, Andrew, I know you will make the right decision, just follow your heart and the guidance of the Lord through prayer.

Tell Doby I said hi! I miss that man, taught me so much.

Duke is gay

Fitz I am praying for ya man, keep fightin


Koontz right me you lazy bum

meggs is gay and jazz is stupid

Love you all!

Elder Fischer

The Lord has commanded it and I must obey

Thought: Sometimes we think of commandments and rules as things that hold us back or that we know better. Well verily verily I say unto you, that like the kite, "those strings that are tied to us, those rules and regulations that seem to hold us down, are actually holding us up."

No comments:

Post a Comment