Tuesday, August 10, 2010

August 8, 2010

Hola family,

Lol wow it really seems like everyone has had a really busy week. Zack and the boys into rugby - that’s awesome, my companion right now was way good at it and he always talks about it so that’s cool. I'm excited to try it out. Mom congrats on finishing the taxes, sounds like you is way more relieved. Wow Jay congrats on going to the temple! How was it? Lol wish I could have been there. Getting close to leaving aren’t we? Lol nervous? You will do great.

Oh man Cathy, I'm so sorry. Aunt Cathy has had it rough lately in her life. Also I'd like to give a shout out to Lauren. You are really a good example for me. I am so grateful to have someone so strong in their faith to endure all of these trials. Taylor congrats on getting the Priesthood. Use it well.

Well this week has been a good one. Even though half of the zone is going home next Monday so they are all trunky and chueco. So basically no other missionaries are doing anything except buying going home memorials. 20 missionaries are arriving to the mission and all of our district leaders are going to leave so I will be a busy man. That’s a good thing though. They will be humble and ready to learn and follow and lead. I think president really trusts me to be focused because he always puts me with the trunkiest missionaries lol. I'll be excited to have lots of changes this next week. Speaking of, might not have a whole lot of time to write next week just a heads up. This week we just did lots of divisions with some of the younger missionaries so they can start to prepare to be the future leaders of the mission. But in spite of all the troubles and trials I have really felt my Saviors love for me this week. I really grew in my testimony and love for the mission and what I have done and am doing and will be doing. It was a good experience though the other day talking with my companion and he just told me how much I had helped him stay focused towards the end of hi mission and helps him with some problems he has had. I thought that my job as helping and supporting missionaries in need had ended as I became zone leader but I realized yesterday that it wit is one of the most important jobs w as missionaries have even if we re with other great missionaries.

This computer is really slow and the keyboard is annoying me.

Anyways...lol lets move on to a spiritual thought. As I was just sitting here pondering a bit. It came to my attention that in our family we have had several people among us who have had to face some serious trials in their lives and in the lives of friends as well. Also I have seen several that have stayed so true to the Gospel and to their God that it is absolutely amazing to me. It made me think of an example from the Old Testament. Job. Satan had full rein and rights to test and tempt Job. Job lost his wealth, his house, is family, his health, and even in the end his friends ridiculed him saying he was a bad man. And in spite of all this, in the middle of these burdensome trials, all he had to say for himself was ¨though he slay me, yet will I trust him.¨ Job 13 15. Job held on, Job was true to his God and his Savior and murmured not. And as a reward God promised him eternal life and riches and glory beyond imagination. I know that sometimes in life and sometimes lots of time in life we go through trials, but if we follow the example of Job and rely upon the Atonement of Christ and trust in him with all we have, we will be delivered from all our trials. Whether it be in this life or the next, we will be delivered. He loves us, He is our Savior and he is preparing our mansions in the Kingdom of God. He is waiting there for us and as long as we obey we will get there. So it is my prayer that all of us may rely on the Lord, in times of need as well as in times of joy, that we may all be lifted up together in the last day. In the Name of Jesus Christ amen.

Elder Fischer

The Lord has commanded it and I must obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment