Tuesday, August 24, 2010

8-23-2010

Wow thanks so mush for all the letters that you have all sent me. I really felt your love and concern for me and your wonderful energy and excitement about your lives. Wow TAYLOR!!!!!! Ha ha my Spanish speaking Mexico serving friend! Congrats man. Lol that is so awesome! It sent a chill up my spine when I heard the news...well, read the news lol. Jayson is in England, that’s crazy, no that’s awesome. I am so excited to get back and play Rugby with all you guys, it sounds like so much fun. Matt you probably should try running faster...

Well things here in the mission have been crazy this week. Lots of work, but that’s a good thing. There is an elder that fell on his bike this week and is in bad shape and the Doctor for the mission couldn’t see him until this Tuesday for some reasons that will remain unnamed. But short story, we did some praying and made some calls and found a doctor that lived close to us that just got baptized yesterday and went an hour and a half in car to see this Elder and help him. Lol and this doctor is from Italy and he is strange. Lol good experience though.

My new companion is shill. He is here to work and serve the Lord so we get along great. Actually he got baptized just 3 years ago. He is from Peru. It’s funny though cause he looks just like the Monkey "lui" from the jungle book. I’ll try to send you all a photo.

Spiritual thought,

"Whether you think you can or you think you can’t your right" this is something we have all heard several times. A scripture that supports it is Mark 9:23. If we have faith this statement is really true. We have so many examples, especially the two thousand stripling warriors. They were obedient, worthy, and faithful and they had set in their minds they could do anything and they did it putting all their trust in the Lord. I know that it is the same for us. Trust in the Lord, be obedient, and faithful.

Elder Fischer

The Lord has commanded it and I must obey


Last Week – 8/16/2010

Hey all!

Well let’s see where I should start. This week has been an eventful one that is for sure. There at home as well I here. Wow Braydon congrats man. Also Taylor I can’t wait to see were your going! Also a shout out to Jayson, man you are going to do great I love ya man. Ok so here this week we did lots of stuff. Saying goodbye to Elder Lloyd was harder than I thought. We really were great friends. Pretty much the entire zone had a change. So we are excited to get to work here in San Pablo. My new companion is Elder Francia. He is from Peru (lima). He is really smart and we are excited to get started.

Anyways I don’t really know what else to write. I am doing fine, don’t need anything. It will definitely be a good challenge being lead zone leader but I’m excited for it. If you have any questions or comments just shoot me an email.

Spiritual thought, when we get baptized we all become disciples of Christ. In D&C we learn exactly what it is we must do as disciples of Christ "5 He that receiveth my law and doeth it, the same is my disciple; and he that saith he receiveth it and doeth it not, the same is not my disciple, and shall be cast out from among you". So, if we are Disciples of Christ then we must "do the law" or, be obedient. We made this covenant when we choose to get baptized. It is my invitation that we can all meditate on our baptismal covenants and what it is we are all doing in our lives to honor and magnify it.

Love you all, thanks for all you do for me. Keep it up!

Elder Fischer

The Lord has commanded it and I must obey

No comments:

Post a Comment