Wednesday, November 11, 2009

2 weeks worth of Posts

Week of November 9th, 2009

Hola family!!!!

Wow what a crazy week!

First off bikes - dad you would be proud. lol we went to buy our bikes at a store that fixes up bikes. And there was one there that was practically new. He wanted 50 mil (100 dollars) yeah so I bargained him down to 35 mil (70 dollars) it has wide tires cause we go off road a lot. My companion tried to go the cheap route and bought one for 25 mil (50 dollars). But after we have fixed it up and every thing it cost 35 mil lol. And he still want s to fix it up more.

Don”t have a lot of time this week on the account that we are at an activity an hour and half away from Valle Grande! But one thing I want to say is how glad I am to be in the country here. I love just riding in the bus and looking at this beautiful country. It truly is a site to see.

Spiritual thought:

The basic but oh so important in my life "trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding, in all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy path."

I know I share this a lot but it is oh so important. This week we have been praying so so earnestly to be lead to the houses of those that are chosen. We found a lot of new people this week. What I have learned from this is that if we want to know something or need help it is plain silly not to ask our Heavenly Father, for He knows.

Chow love you lots,

Elder Fischer

Debo obedecer -nefi


Week of November 2nd, 2009

Hola familia!

Things are going great here! This week was kinda slow numbers wise but we are going to baptize for sure! Ovis y Byron Jounshin! An amazing story these two are. We were two seconds away from dropping them two weeks ago and now they are talking about wanting the priesthood and church callings! Also in a lesson they were worried because they wanted their wife and daughter to join too and we promised them that if they took the first step they would follow...they are already asking a lot of questions...ha ha gottem!

Spanish is coming great. Still struggle at times because the Chileans speak really fast and really bad (grammar and they don’t finish half their words) but it is coming. Sounds like Halloween was fun. I can’t believe that just one year after I leave nobody is going trick-or-treating...are you guys crazy? We even went trick-or-treating! lol I promise we were doing contacts! lol sounds like the haunted house was good. Dad...close one.

Allie-I got your letter in the package! that is awesome you made the team! You will do great! You are so athletic you can’t help it. I think you are the most athletic out of us all. Can’t wait till I get your next one!

Zack-ha ha strenuous work out program huh? I like it! You got to get big if you want to keep up with this! Wow you guys played flag football I am so jealous! Way to keep up the Fischer name and burn everyone out!

Britty/Bruce-lol nice babump! lol I loved the pictures and the message. You guys look like your doing great hang in their. Take care of my niece!

The past 7 weeks we have been fighting for bikes because we cover 3 different areas and take a bus 4 to 5 times a day and are burning through our own money and it is quite ridiculous. Well they had a meeting today and said that they weren’t going to buy us bikes but that we could buy them with our own money. And seeing as how I have already used ALL of my money I have I kind of need some...

My companion said he has never been in an area were he has had to spend half as much money as this. Don’t worry we have a plan. We are keeping all of our receipts and recording everything we buy and are going to take it all to the secretary at the end of the month so don’t worry it won’t last for long but I need money for bikes.


Spiritual thought: ok so I want to share something special that happened to me this week. We were traveling on the bus on the way back from one of our areas and we had had a hard time. We had several appointments fall through and we had pretty much wasted our time and money going there that day. so we were a little upset... lol but I was sitting there meditating and praying a bit and the spirit told me something that I could here plain as day, "It doesn’t matter what you do, just HOW you do it." this message hit me right in the heart. it truly doesn’t matter quite so much what we do, but rather how we do it. Look at Laman and Lemuel. They did all the things that Nephi did, they got the plates, traveled over the ocean, saw angels! But look at their attitude. Look how they did it. Look at the difference between the three! I received at that moment something that I feel can help us all out in our lives. Whatever you do, do it with love and charity, for that is how Christ did it.

I love you all and may the grace of our wonderful Lord be with you, Elder Fischer

"i must obey" -nefi

No comments:

Post a Comment