Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hola from Chile 01-24-2011

So basically just like every other week this change my companion has been sick. We went to the doctors today to get him checked out again and one of the old couples working there now worked for 27 years in the FBI. It was really interesting to hear stories and how he just loved it a lot. So basically now I’m going to work in the FBI...ha ha probably not.



This week we were very blessed to have another baptism. Nayeli Maldonado, I’ll send pics. She is a little girl that has wanted to get baptized for a long time now but her mom never gave her permission until we got here and she just changed her mind. We were just truly

blessed to be a part of this girls conversion. Actually here in this

sector we have been really really blessed to see a baptism almost every week. I can really feel the Lords love and blessings here in Gambino. Also it really helps to have a few returned missionaries here in this sector. It gives me lots of ideas for when we are all back there in NC in about 4 or 5 years. The Ward is going to explode with missionary work I think.



Mom I think it would be just a tad cheaper to buy shoes here, the problem is that there is not one single shoe here my size. ha ha last time I tried to buy they all just looked at me like I was crazy. ha ha.



Hey actually I have a question, what are the names of all the new wards/and or branches in our new stake? Any ways, I think I am going to leave you all with a quick thought now.



So I was reading a talk given by Elder Eyring that explains that time is property that God has lent to us. And that with this present we must cherish it and take advantage of it. He explains that if we really new all that we could be doing or should be doing we would never stop doing things. That never ending sense to be better to do something more and be bigger comes from the fact that we are all dying and we are all here with preordained purposes that we must complete. We have promised people we would help them and that we would be serving in certain way. If we really new everything we would not waste time watching TV, playing on the computer so much but rather instead, reading the scriptures, serving a family member, working on eagle scout projects(zf) and doing the Work of the Lord. So my challenge this week is that we take away a little of our "free time" and give a little more "Lord time", for that is what it is what every minute really should be.



Love you all and thanks for all you do!



Elder Fischer



The Lord has commanded it and I must obey

No comments:

Post a Comment