Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Feliz Navidad! 12-20-10

Feliz Navidad!

Wow thank you so so much for your letters! Actually in a few parts I teared up a bit...ok so I cried ha ha leave me alone! lol but seriously thanks so much, you all do a wonderful job writing your letters.

It’s amazing to think how much you have all changed and progressed! Sitting here reading about you all and how you’re doing and what you are all doing really gave me an opportunity to feel the tender mercies of the Lord this Christmas season. This week has been a busy one yet again. The best part of all was being able to see it a little white here in Chile too because we saw Camila Quitana receive the bountiful mercies of the Lord through Baptism. So we also enjoyed a white Christmas here. Also we had changes, now I am here with Elder Valencia. He is a 3 year convert and the only member of his family. He is from Chala Ecuador. Really funny.

I’m not going to lie I am way excited to talk to you all this Saturday. Just to here your voices and hear your love is something extra special then only read them. The family is called Familia Muler.

Hey it’s awesome to hear about Spence. Tell that boy to write me a stinkin letter. ha ha and send me a photo! Great to hear about our cousins, that was one of the parts I teared up knowing how they are doing. Saturday we will talk more about the whole college thing. I got my package last week!

Spiritual thought

The other day we were doing a contact and a man told me that people don’t really understand Christmas because they think it is all about giving presents and they really don’t understand what Christmas means. I told him that he was wrong. My companion thought I was just messing with him so he started to giggle a little bit. Then I continued to explain something that came to my mind. After a series of several questions I asked him what relation giving gifts had to do with our Savior. He responded a little surprised saying our Savior gave us the greatest gift of all, the Atonement. He was surprised because it finally occurred to him what the importance of giving was with Christmas. Then I proceeded to explain that the type of giving we should be doing is not necessarily in the material things, whereas the things that we should rather be giving in Christmas time and throughout all out lives is all our time, talents and efforts to building up the Kingdom of God. I explained to him about the gift of the Holy Ghost and the Gift of Eternal life, the two greatest gifts que hay. Then I testified that if we truly love the Savior that we will give him our time this Christmas. We have an appointment with him this Saturday; I’ll tell you how it goes ha ha. But my point that I want to make is that I want to invite all of you this Christmas to
Give a little more Christ. CHRISTmas (Mas means more in spanish)

No comments:

Post a Comment