Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hola from Chile 6-21-2010

Family,
So great to hear from you all today, especially President Peters and his family. I love hearing from them and their council. Well this week has been way crazy here in Chile during the World Cup. Especially because Chile is winning their games. Actually they just won their second game here about 30 minutes ago so everyone is running around in the streets with the Chile flag and everyone is in their cars honking their horns, and shouting. lol it is bien loco. Also this week we went to the temple. I love the Temple. Being in the city has its advantages and disadvantages for the work. The advantage is that when we find an investigator they get baptized really quickly because the life style is faster and more up beat. The difference is it is just a little harder to find the people because they don’t want to talk to you. But with an increase of faith, obedience and diligence, anything is possible. Mom you are going to hate me. Bueno not hate me but be a little frustrated. Thanks for sending the package but I have one other request...lol we have been playing lots of soccer and I need new shoes and I have looked here everywhere and it is impossible to find shoes my size so if you can buy some indoor soccer shoes that would be cool. Nothing fancy I just need some. Well we have an activity this week and we have to prepare it so I don’t have any time at all but I will leave you with a spiritual thought. "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary and walk and not faint." -Isaiah 40, 31. I absolutely love this scripture. Also I like to replace “waiting upon the Lord” with "trusting in the Lord" because to me that’s what it means. Let us mount up on eagles wings, trusting in the Lord, and run with all we got knowing that we will not be weary nor faint. We must run in our study of the Gospel and increase of testimony. We must run with greater understanding of God and what he requires of us. It is my prayer that we can mount upon the wings of the Gospel and of Christ, and sore to new heights we never thought imaginable.

Zack write me, Koontz too. Love you all, till next week!

Elder Fischer
The Lord has commanded it and I must obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment