Friday, July 31, 2009

Elder Fischer's Letter to the Young Men

Dear Young Men,
I wish you could feel the spirit and learn the things that I have learned in just the first week of my mission. This truly is Gods work and I promise you that their is no greater joy than helping bring to pass the salvation of man. As a missionary we work side by side with the Lord. My friends, it I can share with you one thing in this letter let it be this. We cannot afford to fall asleep at the spiritual wheel. For if we do we will deviate from the course we are on and may miss an opportunity to help someone. Another secret of missionary work that I have learned thus far is how important and effective it is to go above and beyond the call of duty. Go out of your way, everyday, to help someone that is above and beyond what you are asked to do. If we do this the Lord will open doors we cannot even imagine. I'm not saying do something huge. Just asking that if you see some trash on the ground you pick it up. Someone will notice and it will appeal to the Christ in them. Everyone has a Christ in them and when we appeal to that Christ in them, they will want to know more and we can teach them the gospel! Brothers, study Preach My Gospel. It is your guide. Not just for sharing the gospel but for growing spiritually and becoming more Christlike. I love you all! Elder Fischer

No comments:

Post a Comment